We are currently recruiting candidates for the following positions:
- Welcome tourists and groups who come to Cave of the Mounds NNL
- Conduct safe, enjoyable, and educational tours
- Assist customers in the amazing rock & fossil shop
- Assist customers in the snack bar
- Help to maintain neat, clean and safe buildings and grounds
- Lead interpretive tours of the Cave that are safe, fun, and educational
- Tell the story of the Cave – its formation, growth, discovery, development, and protection – throughout all aspects of time
- Greet the public with a smile and helpful information so they will enjoy their visit to Cave of the Mounds National Natural Landmark
- Assist customers with the sale of merchandise and restock the amazing rock & fossil shop
- Serve customers at the seasonal snack bar in the Visitor Center
- Assist with the processing of merchandise including unpacking, marking, light manufacturing and storing
- Assist with the maintenance of the buildings and grounds through typical tasks and chores such as sweeping, mopping, trash removal, dusting, raking, etc.
Qualified Candidates will have:
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and a friendly manner
- A desire for interaction with the general public and public speaking
- Interest in the natural environment, nature appreciation, nature education
- Good conflict resolution skills and desire to work as a member of a team
- The desire to do a wide variety of tasks in the course of a workday
- You get to take people through a beautiful Cave!!
- Reciprocity with many, many awesome Wisconsin tourist attractions
- Super cool staff events such as fossil hunts, campfires, and barn movie nights
- Paid training and annual wage review
- The “coolest” summer job EVER!
Includes all of the responsibilities of the Tour Guide position (above) as well as the responsibility for supervising campers and delivering quality camp programs and activities as part of our Camp Brigham day camp programs.
Educational Program Guide
Includes all of the responsibilities of the Tour Guide position (above) as well as the responsibility for delivering educational programs to school and youth groups.
Educational Program Assistant
Includes all of the responsibilities of the Tour Guide and Educational Program Guide positions (above) as well as educational program preparation and some administrative responsibilities.
Parks & Gardens Maintenance – Horticulturists & Gardeners
Cave of the Mounds, National Natural Landmark is looking for hard working individuals who love working outdoors to join our park gardens and grounds maintenance team. This position provides an opportunity to be part of the team who creates and maintains the beautiful landscape of our park.
• Full and/or part-time positions available
• Work in all weather conditions
• Shifts vary – we are open seven days a week
• Work in a team
• General maintenance of grounds, gardens and buildings
• Ability to work well in a team
• Ability to maintain a clean and well organized tool area
• Neat and clean appearance
• Ability to identify (or learn to identify) plant species
Experience in the following a plus:
• Planting, pruning, weeding
• Weed and pest control
• Use of brush cutters, blowers, mowers and other small engine tools
• Use of outdoor hand tools
• Maintenance of ornamental garden beds
• Other duties and projects as assigned
This is a limited term position with hours between March 15 and November 15, as needed. Experience in the following areas is a plus: outdoor grounds/landscaping; public speaking; organization; operation of outdoor equipment; and/or gardening. You must be an outgoing, motivated, self-starter who can think on your feet and work without direct supervision.
Janitor – General Cleaner
Cave of the Mounds – National Natural Landmark is looking for an energetic candidate to join our facilities team in Blue Mounds, Wisconsin. We currently have an immediate opening for a Janitor / General Cleaner. The duties of a Janitor / General Cleaner include but are not limited to the following:
• Clean and replenish public restrooms and staff restroom
• Empty trash and recycle bins
• Vacuum public areas and offices
• Clean windows, glass shelves and mirrors
• Dust and de-cobweb furniture, walls, and equipment in all public and behind the scenes areas
• Mop and wax floors
• Clean kitchen and shine stainless and clean refrigeration units
• Set up, arrange, and remove decorations, tables and chairs to prepare facilities for events
• Clean and polish furniture and fixtures
• Clean interior and exterior of company vehicles including van and truck
• Move heavy furniture, equipment, and supplies, either manually or by using hand trucks.
• Clear debris from grounds.
• Notify managers concerning the need for cleaning equipment or supplies and the need for minor or major repairs.
• Requisition and/or request supplies and equipment needed for cleaning duties.
• Prepare cleaning solutions, according to specifications and understand how to read MSDS sheets
• Wear proper PPE when working with chemicals
• Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment, in order to prevent damage to floors and fixtures
Physical Functions Required
• Ability to walk or stand for prolonged periods.
• Requires bending, stooping, reaching up, and lifting up to 50 pounds.
• Possible exposure to chemicals requiring special clothing or safety equipment.
• Ability to use motorized equipment.
• Ability to read and comprehend safety material and facility required documents.