We are currently recruiting candidates for the following positions:
- Welcome tourists and groups who come to Cave of the Mounds NNL
- Conduct safe, enjoyable, and educational tours
- Assist customers in the amazing rock & fossil shop
- Assist customers in the snack bar
- Help to maintain neat, clean and safe buildings and grounds
- Lead interpretive tours of the Cave that are safe, fun, and educational
- Tell the story of the Cave – its formation, growth, discovery, development, and protection – throughout all aspects of time
- Greet the public with a smile and helpful information so they will enjoy their visit to Cave of the Mounds National Natural Landmark
- Assist customers with the sale of merchandise and restock the amazing rock & fossil shop
- Serve customers at the seasonal snack bar in the Visitor Center
- Assist with the processing of merchandise including unpacking, marking, light manufacturing and storing
- Assist with the maintenance of the buildings and grounds through typical tasks and chores such as sweeping, mopping, trash removal, dusting, raking, etc.
Qualified Candidates will have:
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and a friendly manner
- A desire for interaction with the general public and public speaking
- Interest in the natural environment, nature appreciation, nature education
- Good conflict resolution skills and desire to work as a member of a team
- The desire to do a wide variety of tasks in the course of a workday
- You get to take people through a beautiful Cave!!
- Reciprocity with many, many awesome Wisconsin tourist attractions
- Super cool staff events such as fossil hunts, campfires, and barn movie nights
- Paid training and annual wage review
- The “coolest” summer job EVER!
Includes all of the responsibilities of the Tour Guide position (above) as well as the responsibility for supervising campers and delivering quality camp programs and activities as part of our Camp Brigham day camp programs.
Educational Program Guide
Includes all of the responsibilities of the Tour Guide position (above) as well as the responsibility for delivering educational programs to school and youth groups.
Educational Program Assistant
Includes all of the responsibilities of the Tour Guide and Educational Program Guide positions (above) as well as educational program preparation and some administrative responsibilities.