Cave of the Mounds offers a variety of events year ’round. From family events like Jingle & ROCK to our popular Cave After Dark events for adults, there is something for everyone!
Collect a rock, a mineral, and a fossil along the cave tour! Anyone who wants to join can for an extra $2 charge per person when buying a ticket. This includes a reusable cloth bag, and a few different rocks that you will receive throughout the cave!
Purchase at Ticket Desk!
*Note: Guest must buy tour ticket to join. Nothing you collect is from the cave itself as the cave is protected as a National Natural Landmark.
Don’t be afraid of the dark – join us for the month of October for HOLLOW-een at Cave of the Mounds! Anyone who wants to join can for an extra $3 charge per person when buying a ticket. This includes a reusable cloth bag, crystals/fossils that you will get in a trick-or-treat style throughout the cave!
Purchase at Ticket Desk!
*Note: Guest must buy tour ticket to join
Special Tours & Public Programs
TO BE DETERMINED due to COVID-19
Enhance your Cave Tour by learning even more about Wisconsin geology and Cave of the Mounds! FUN for all ages, these programs are open to the public. To be determined when we will continue these programs.
Stay & Play
- Discover Treasure at the Gemstone Mine
- Explore our Rock & Fossil Gift Shop
- Crack open a Geode
- Get certified as an Adventure Ranger
- Walk along our Geologic Timeline
- Hike the Interpretive Nature Trails
- Observe the Rock & Perennial Garden
Have your birthday party here at Cave of the Mounds!
** Package price applies to parties of up to 9, including at least one adult. Additional guests are $16.50 per person. Two week advance reservation & $50.00 deposit required. Seasonal restrictions may apply.
Small Group Package
(up to 10 people)
We need a two-week advanced reservation.
Self-Paced Cave Tour: One cave, one unforgettable memory!
Cave Miner Package: Everyone uncovers gemstones or fossils at our mining station and can keep what they find!
Regular (High School and up)……..….…$15.75
Child (Grades K-8)………………………..…..$11.75
$50 each (up to 10 people)
Note: This option must be added to another package as an upgrade.
Super Souvenirs: Everyone gets a rock candy, Cave of the Mounds water bottle and sticker to take home.
Mega Mining: Everyone gets to mine both gemstones AND fossils to take home! ID cards included!
Neat-o Geode: Everyone gets to crack open their very own geode and take it home in a reusable cloth bag!
Host your next event at Cave of the Mounds National Natural Landmark! Our spacious Visitor Center, Historic Barn and beautiful park grounds offer a unique and natural setting for your special occasion.
Cave After Dark
Cave After Dark is a popular series of themed events for adults twenty-one and older. Each event includes an after hours cave experience, food and beverage tastings, live music, theme-related activities and cash bar. These events typically sell out so purchasing tickets in advance is strongly recommended.
Cave After Dark Ticket Information
- Tickets include exclusive after hours access to the cave, food and beverage samples as well as live music above and below ground.
- A variety of Wisconsin craft beers, and wines as well as Wisconsin cheese and sausage trays will be available for purchase at the Visitor Center Bar which accepts cash, Visa, Mastercard and Discover Card.
- Purchasing tickets in advance is recommended. Cave After Dark events typically sell out.
- This event will take place RAIN or SHINE. We have the best rainy day venue in Wisconsin – the Cave!
- Stay at the Mt. Horeb GrandStay Hotel as part of your Cave After Dark experience and save 15% on your hotel room, ride the hotel shuttle to and from the event for just $5 and receive a drink token at the event when you show your GrandStay room key. USE PROMO CODE: AFTERDARK when booking your room with GrandStay.
- Designated drivers in your party are welcome to complimentary soda, coffee, tea and/or water throughout the event.