PREPARING FOR YOUR TOUR OF WISCONSIN’S MOST UNIQUE SIGHTSEEING ATTRACTIONS
Please consider the following for a more enjoyable tour:
- Rest rooms are not available during your tour inside the Cave. Restrooms are located in the Visitor Center.
- Your tour will be announced by ticket color inside the Gift Shop.
- Flash photography is welcome on the tour, however tripods are prohibited.
- Remember that the Cave is a cool 50 degrees. Please dress appropriately.
- The tour lasts about one hour and covers approximately 2/3 of a mile. There are stairs with handrails, and paved, lighted walkways in the cave
- “The tour guide was spectacular, informative and was happy to answer (our) questions. ”
– Comment from a visiting family
- Food, drink and tobacco products are prohibited in the Cave.
- Frame child carriers, strollers, backpacks, large bags and walkers are prohibited in the Cave. The Cave is not wheelchair accessible, however, most above ground activities are.
- While families are welcome, parents need to be responsible for their own children. Please keep in mind that loud noises during the tour will disturb other visitors in the Cave.
- For the protection of the fragile cave environment, touching the rocks and Cave formations is prohibited.
Thank you for touring our Cave! We hope that you enjoy your visit with us at Cave of the Mounds – National Natural Landmark.