PREPARING FOR YOUR TOUR OF WISCONSIN’S MOST UNIQUE SIGHTSEEING ATTRACTIONS
Please consider the following for a more enjoyable tour:
- Rest rooms are not available during your tour inside the Cave. Restrooms are located in the Visitor Center.
- Your tour will be announced by ticket color inside the Gift Shop.
- Flash photography is welcome on the tour, however tripods are prohibited.
- Remember that the Cave is a cool 50 degrees. Please dress appropriately.
- The tour lasts about one hour and covers approximately 2/3 of a mile. There are stairs with handrails, and paved, lighted walkways in the cave.
- “The tour guide was spectacular, informative and was happy to answer (our) questions. ”
– Comment from a visiting family
- Food, drink and tobacco products are prohibited in the Cave.
- Frame child carriers, strollers, backpacks, large bags and walkers are prohibited in the Cave. The Cave is not wheelchair accessible, however, most above ground activities are.
- While families are welcome, parents need to be responsible for their own children. Please keep in mind that loud noises during the tour will disturb other visitors in the Cave.
- For the protection of the fragile cave environment, touching the rocks and Cave formations is prohibited.
Photography Permit Policy: Please read if you plan to take posed/formal and/or commercial photos on the grounds.
WNS in Wisconsin: For years, Cave of the Mounds has been committed to cooperating with state and federal agencies, as well as conservation groups, to provide information to the public on the value of bats and the threat posed by WNS. There are no bats in Cave of the Mounds and we are open daily year ’round for guided tours. If you want to learn more about WNS in Wisconsin, we encourage you to visit the Wisconsin DNR website.
Thank you for touring our Cave! We hope that you enjoy your visit with us at Cave of the Mounds – National Natural Landmark.