CAVE AFTER DARK
Unique Events for Adults 21+
CAVE AFTER DARK: SUMMER TROLLSTICE
Saturday, June 22 6-9 PM
OUTDOOR CONCERT FEATURING THE EARTHLINGS
The Earthlings, a Madison music and arts collective, combines diverse eras of electronic sonic rock together with a laid back psychedelic indie emphasis, euphoric space, and positive vibrations from the 60’s, early 70’s, and 90’s.
Hear a sample of The Earthlings
AFTER HOURS CAVE EXPERIENCE
Explore Cave of the Mounds after hours. This is not a guided tour. Staff will be on-hand to answer your questions, but you are free to explore the cave at your own pace. Take advantage of this unique way to experience the cave.
SUMMER SOLSTICE DRUM CIRCLE
Experience the incredible acoustics inside the cave at our summer solstice drum circle. Take some time underground to hear and feel the rhythm and celebrate summer. You can even join the circle as you learn how to work as a group and listen to each other to create music. This unique experience will be facilitated by Elmore Lawson who creates a playful, expressive and energetic environment in which to collaborate and to create music as a community.
FOOD AND BEVERAGE TASTINGS
Enjoy tastings of summer treats and adult beverages from nearby Mt. Horeb – The Troll Capitol of the World! We are proud to feature the unique and delicious food and drink from our neighbors in Mt. Horeb including Sunn Cafè, The Grumpy Troll and more!
GARDEN PARTY ABOVE GROUND
Cave of the Mounds is clearly best known for that underground geologic wonder… what is less known, is that the beautiful gardens above the cave are an explosion of blooms throughout the summer. Come stroll through the blooms, listen to live music, enjoy local samples, and of course, tour the cave.
We put a new twist on a summer solstice celebration. It wouldn’t be a Summer Trollstice without a troll! Jorgen the Troll from nearby Mt. Horeb will be paying us a visit. Souvenir photos with Jorgen will be available upon request.
THE QUARRY'S EDGE BAR
Head to the Quarry’s Edge Bar and enjoy a selection of craft beer and wine as well as select cocktails featured at the event tastings. Cave of the Mounds is proud to feature local Wisconsin products.
Cave After Dark Ticket Information
- Tickets are $30 and include access to the cave and gardens, two live music performances, food and beverage tastings, and a souvenir photo.
- Purchasing tickets in advance is recommended. Cave After Dark events typically sell out.
- This event will take place RAIN or SHINE. We have the best rainy day venue in Wisconsin – the Cave!
- Stay at the Mt. Horeb GrandStay Hotel as part of your Cave After Dark experience and save 15% on your hotel room, ride the hotel shuttle to and from the event for just $5 and receive a drink token at the event when you show your GrandStay room key. USE PROMO CODE: AFTERDARK when booking your room with GrandStay.
- Designated drivers in your party are welcome to complimentary soda, coffee, tea and/or water throughout the event.
ORDER TICKETS BY PHONE: 608-437-3038