CAVE AFTER DARK
Unique Events for Adults 21+
Saturday, October 19 6-9 PM
AFTER HOURS CAVE EXPERIENCE
ROCKSTOBERFEST BEER TASTING
Sample Wisconsin beers including a Wisconsin and a German Oktoberfest. We added a few tastings to celebrate the fall season including a very local craft hard cider and a New Glarus Brewing Thumbprint series beer made with Wisconsin cranberries along with apples and cherries.
TRACHT COSTUME CONTEST
Grab your dirndl dresses and lederhosen shorts and head to Cave of the Mounds! Authentic outfits for Oktoberfest in Munich are called Tracht. Costumes are encouraged, but not required. Enter our costume contest for a chance to win free Cave After Dark tickets.
CAVE YODELING COMPETITION
Ever yodeled? Give it a try at ROCKStoberfest and see how far your voice can carry in the cave! Yodeling in the cave is encouraged, but not required. #yodel
BLUEGRASS IN THE BARN
A ROCKStoberfest tradition. Head to our historic barn for bluegrass tunes by Down from the Hills. Down From The Hills plays bluegrass music inspired by the likes of Bill Monroe, Earl Scruggs and John Hartford. Their music features both instrumental solos and vocal harmonies. Often they add Cajun music to their shows, with Pat on the Cajun button accordion.
TASTY TREATS - DAS ESSEN
Hungry? Head to the barn for Oktoberfest and fall inspired snacks and appetizers including pretzels and sausages included with your ROCKStoberfest ticket. Wisconsin cheese and sausage trays are also available for purchase at the Barn Discovery Center bar.
DISCOVERY CENTER BAR
We are proud to feature a selection of Wisconsin craft beer and wine as well as a signature cocktail at the bar in the Barn Discovery Center.
Cave After Dark Ticket Information
- Tickets are $30 and includes exclusive after hours access to the cave, live music, samples of Wisconsin and German beers, as well as snacks and appetizers.
- A variety of Wisconsin craft beers and wines as well as Wisconsin cheese and sausage trays will be available for purchase at the Discovery Center Bar which accepts cash, Visa, Mastercard and Discover Card.
- Purchasing tickets in advance is recommended. Cave After Dark events typically sell out.
- This event will take place RAIN or SHINE. We have the best rainy day venue in Wisconsin – the Cave!
- Stay at the Mt. Horeb GrandStay Hotel as part of your Cave After Dark experience and save 15% on your hotel room, ride the hotel shuttle to and from the event for just $5 and receive a drink token at the event when you show your GrandStay room key. USE PROMO CODE: AFTERDARK when booking your room with GrandStay.
- Designated drivers in your party are welcome to complimentary soda, coffee, tea and/or water throughout the event.
You can also order tickets by phone at 608-437-3038.